IBC (Stand 7.D07), Amsterdam, Netherlands, September 9, 2013 – axle Video, the company redefining media management, today announced axle 2013, the newest version of its award-winning media management software, featuring greater speed, scale, and archive system support. In addition, axle announced a new Pro version of the software with support for the Avid® Media Composer® family of editors, and a new bundled system for the Adobe Anywhere® collaborative platform.
“We’re seeing fantastic market response to axle’s philosophy of radically simple, transparent, and high-value media management. Support from customers and partners alike has been overwhelming,” said Sam Bogoch, CEO of axle Video.” In response, we’re upping our game with a range of new products and improvements to help more customers with solutions to their most pressing media management problems.”
axle’s lineup of new and upgraded products being demonstrated at IBC 2013 includes:
- axle 2013 – Continuing with its easy-to-use, web-based UI and compatibility with almost every type of storage and operating system, axle 2013 succeeds axle 2012, winner of TVBE’s IBC 2012 Best of Show Award with much faster UI speed, increased asset scale, and support for XenData® and Cache-A® archive management software.
- axle Pro – A new version of axle media management specifically for use with Avid’s Media Composer family of editors, with direct support for MXF Op-Atom files in conjunction with Avid ISIS and third party storage.
- axle Gear Pro – An integrated package of axle Pro media management software with support for Avid media, Telestream® Episode™ Pro software for proxy creation and transcoding, and two Mac Mini server CPUs in a single 1U rack mount chassis. This is the Pro version of axle’s Gear appliance which won DV Magazine’s Black Diamond best of show award at NAB 2013.
- axle GearStack – An integrated package of axle Gear configurations coupled with baseband and file-based ingest appliances from MOG Technologies, a leader in broadcast ingest systems. GearStack allows high-volume media ingest and live logging to feed directly into an axle search, browse, select, review and approve workflow.
- axle Gear for Adobe Anywhere – The axle Gear media management solution including Telestream Episode Pro transcoding software, and dual Mac Mini servers with specific integration for Adobe Anywhere users, allowing them to browse, annotate, collaborate on, review, and approve media from any location.
“We installed axle Video software to help our producers and editors manage our extensive archive of ‘mood shots’, said Daniel Chaput, Creative Director at Knock Knock London, a creative postproduction house in the UK. “Not only has axle Video made it easier to find content, but it has helped our teams work much faster. They can swiftly find just the right shots to fit our clients’ exact requirements, and as axle integrates seamlessly with our editing software, we’ve been able to dramatically increase productivity by spending far less time searching for shots and more time working creatively to produce fantastic promos and programmes for our customers.”
IBC attendees can learn more at the axle Video stand, #7-D07, Hall 7, September 13- 17. IBC 2013 will also provide a showcase for axle’s growing industry partnerships, just one year after axle’s launch at IBC 2012. Five key axle partners will be conducting demos of axle 2013 software in their booths, all in Hall 7. These are LaCie (hybrid NAS/cloud storage), Facilis (SAN and archiving storage), MOG (ingest appliances), Cache-A (archiving appliances), and Telestream (transcoding software).
Availability and Pricing
axle 2013 software starts at $1,295/€1095 for five users and will be available Q4 2013.
axle Pro software starts at $3,495/€3045 for five users and will be available Q4 2013.
The axle Gear Pro software-hardware bundle starts at $8,995/€8465 for five users and will be available Q4 2013
axle GearStack software-hardware bundles start from under $20,000/€15,000, depending on the mix of ingest requirements, and is currently shipping.
The axle Gear for Adobe Anywhere software-hardware bundle starts at $11,995/€10,160 for five users and is currently shipping.